Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Science/Math Module

Part I: About the Station

Station 7 - Position, Velocity and Acceleration
Group Members - Ashley Bryan, Chris Pfledderer, Jacob Koressel
What our station was/What our group did - We worked to create a Lego car and three different tracks of varying angles to run it down. We used a Go!Motion sensor and the Logger Lite Software to track the speed at which the car was moving down the ramps, while graphing the data using a computer. The purpose of the activity was to experience object position, velocity and acceleration in a hands-on manner and see how the different angles of the ramp affected the speed of the car.
My individual role - I contributed my ideas as to how the tracks might be set up in order to make this module successful. I also helped run the car down the ramps.

Here is a picture of the car we used for our module. And no, that is not supposed to be a gun! It is supposed to be a drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment